1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics text book for electric motor

1. Nov 8, 2014 #1
    For my assignment I have to write a report on the mechanics of an electric generator. I need to reference for physics textbooks. Anyone able to recommend some texts books that may be able to help me with this?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2014 #2
    You say your topic is "mechanics of an electric generator." Do you mean the mechanical aspects such as centrifugal loads on the windings, possibilities for rotor whirl, windage, etc., or did you mean the electromechanical process of torque development, winding distributions, torque ripple, etc, or perhaps something else altogether

4. Nov 13, 2014 #3
    Hello, you are not so advanced these references for your report :.

- Power Electronics And Motor Drives: Advances and Trends Bimal K. Bose
    - Modeling and High Performance Control of Electric Machines John Chiasson
    - Electric Machinery A Fitzgerald, Arthur Eugene Fitzgerald, Charles Kingsley, Stephen Umans

These texts whose main theme is the electric motor. I hope you are quite helpful. Greetings.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted