1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Written High School Physics Text Books (SAT)

Tags:
  1. Oct 12, 2011 #1
    Hi there,

I live in BC Canada, and am enrolled in a physics 12 class here.
    The curriculum here is garbagee :
    http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/irp_resources/docs/phy12gc.pdf
    in comparison the the US SAT curriuculum, which discludes many important parts of physics (BC curriculum). I'm currently studying for the Physics SAT in Jan, and I really need to get prepared for it. I'm looking for the best TEXTBOOK for preparing, going into good detail of subjects, detailed problems and solutions etc. I really like physics, and I want to understand the concepts, not memorize them, but really understand them. I need a book for this. Please help! I have Barron's SAT prep, but since I havent seen basically any of the concepts before, the short summaries aren't very helpful. I need to start getting A+s and not B+s to get into the school I want, I am willing to put in the effort.

Thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted