1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Any Interesting Problems I could try to solve?

1. Nov 27, 2015 #1
    What with college essays and things these past few months, I've been a bit physics starved. I am looking for some interesting physics( and mathematics) problems to get my brains physics side whirring again. So please, fire away!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2015 #2

anorlunda

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Click on the INSIGHTS button at the top of the Physics Forums page.

4. Nov 27, 2015 #3
    Yeah, but Insights dont have problems. Just quizzes like " Think You Know Richard Feynaman?"

5. Nov 27, 2015 #4
    The articles are fantastic and I love reading them, but im looking for something to solve

6. Nov 27, 2015 #5
    a double slit experiment with a little twist where second slit has defferent width than the first. say wavelength is 500 nm. width of the slits are 10 and 20 microns. distance between center of the slits 100 micron.
    the screen is 5 meters from the slit.
    where is the central bright and first dark of both sides?

7. Nov 27, 2015 #6
    a perfect sphere has perfectly reflective inner surface. drill a hole on its surface and light a laser pointer to it with 25 degree angle to the radius. how many times the laser beam is reflected before it gets out?

8. Nov 28, 2015 #7
    I like the first one. I've attempted to get the central maxima:d1=10microns, d2 = 20 microns and do= 100 microns. I'm not entirely sure its right though. But its a good sum, I'm enjoying doing this. IMG_20151128_120335.jpg

9. Nov 28, 2015 #8
    Actually, hold on a bit, I think I know what I did wrong . messed up the trigonometry big time, just ignore that .

10. Nov 28, 2015 #9
    This I think is the right one: IMG_20151128_122353.jpg

11. Nov 28, 2015 #10

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

These are homework type questions, which should be answered in the homework forums, and follow the normal standards of PF, meaning that images of solutions are frowned upon.

Thread closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook