Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any value to Spivak's Differential Geometry set?

1. Jan 30, 2015 #1
    I have the hardback 5 volume set of Spivak's A Comprehensive Introduction to Differential Geometry that is in pretty good shape. Is there any value to that set? I tried looking it up, but I don't really see many people selling whole sets, so I can't tell....

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2015 #2

Quantum Defect

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Most places seem to sell individual volumes. I found one listing that was selling the entire set:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...hensive+Introduction+to+Differential+Geometry

From looking at the prices of individual volumes, this listing looked like it was a good deal. ($175 + shipping)

4. Jan 30, 2015 #3
    Good fine. I had looked on abebooks, but didn't see that. It seems like a popular series (I really don't know much about it), but like you pointed out, it seems to almost always be sold individually.

5. Feb 23, 2015 #4
    Well, I went ahead and posted it on ebay, we shall see what turns up. Thanks.

6. Feb 23, 2015 #5

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

oh you meant monetary value. since this is a math site i naturally assumed you meant intellectual and pedagogic value.

7. Feb 23, 2015 #6
    Yeah, that was my fault. It seemed like a popular series and a well done setup; sadly, I am just not intelligent enough to follow it!

8. Feb 24, 2015 #7

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

have you opened it? surely some parts appeal to you. you seem intelligent.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook