Any value to Spivak's Differential Geometry set?

I have the hardback 5 volume set of Spivak's A Comprehensive Introduction to Differential Geometry that is in pretty good shape. Is there any value to that set? I tried looking it up, but I don't really see many people selling whole sets, so I can't tell....

Thanks.

Answers and Replies

Quantum Defect
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I have the hardback 5 volume set of Spivak's A Comprehensive Introduction to Differential Geometry that is in pretty good shape. Is there any value to that set? I tried looking it up, but I don't really see many people selling whole sets, so I can't tell....

Thanks.
Most places seem to sell individual volumes. I found one listing that was selling the entire set:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...hensive+Introduction+to+Differential+Geometry

From looking at the prices of individual volumes, this listing looked like it was a good deal. ($175 + shipping)

Good fine. I had looked on abebooks, but didn't see that. It seems like a popular series (I really don't know much about it), but like you pointed out, it seems to almost always be sold individually.

Well, I went ahead and posted it on ebay, we shall see what turns up. Thanks.

mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2020 Award
oh you meant monetary value. since this is a math site i naturally assumed you meant intellectual and pedagogic value.

oh you meant monetary value. since this is a math site i naturally assumed you meant intellectual and pedagogic value.
Yeah, that was my fault. It seemed like a popular series and a well done setup; sadly, I am just not intelligent enough to follow it!

mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2020 Award
have you opened it? surely some parts appeal to you. you seem intelligent.