What is it like to be a physicist and study nanotech engineering in university?

• Thread starter QuantumKing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicist
But to answer your question, being a physicist involves a lot of research and problem solving. Programs in university vary, but generally you will have to take a lot of math and physics courses. Employment opportunities are good, especially with a higher degree. ZapperZ has a thread about this on Physics Forums. In summary, being a physicist requires a lot of hard work and dedication, but can lead to a fulfilling career with many opportunities for research and advancement.
QuantumKing
Im in my last year of high school, and am looking to go into physics. Either that or nanotech engineering. Id like to know what being a physicist is like, and what the programs are like in university. I've read up on employement and such, but id like a direct perspective of an actual physisict. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I am just an undergrad student, I just thought the title of this post was humorous

ZapperZ has a small thread about this somewhere...

J77 said:
ZapperZ has a small thread about this somewhere...
...here
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=51406&highlight=physicist
:smile: (small thread?)

well, physics, unlike engineering, is a career where the higher the degree you have, the more employable you will be and the more responsibility you will carry. If you want to be a physicist then you will benefit by going to grad school.

mgiddy911 said:
I am just an undergrad student, I just thought the title of this post was humorous

Hahaha true.

1. What is a physicist?

A physicist is a scientist who studies the fundamental laws and principles that govern the natural world, including matter, energy, space, and time. They use mathematical models, experiments, and observations to understand the behavior of these systems.

2. What does a physicist do?

A physicist's main role is to conduct research and investigate the fundamental laws and principles of the universe. They may also develop new theories, design experiments, and use advanced technology to study and understand the behavior of matter and energy.

3. What are the different types of physicists?

There are many different types of physicists, such as theoretical physicists, who develop and test new theories and models; experimental physicists, who conduct experiments to test theories and collect data; and applied physicists, who use physics principles to solve practical problems in various fields.

4. What education is needed to become a physicist?

To become a physicist, one typically needs to have a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field. Many physicists also have a master's or doctoral degree in physics or a specialized branch, such as astrophysics or particle physics.

5. What career opportunities are available for physicists?

Career opportunities for physicists can vary greatly depending on their field of specialization. Some common career paths include working in research and development for government agencies, universities, or private companies; teaching at the university level; and working in industries such as healthcare, energy, or technology.