Anyone studying at Warwick

• Studying
  • Thread starter binbagsss
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Studying
In summary, the conversation is about someone wanting to study theoretical physics at Warwick and deciding between the joint honours course in maths and physics or just the physics course. They are concerned about missing out on valuable physics if they choose the joint honours and are seeking advice on the differences between the math modules in the two courses.
binbagsss
Wanting to study theoretical physics, I have heard that Warwick has a strong maths department ...:).

I'm stuck on choosing between the joint honours course - maths & physics - or the physics course.

By doing the joint honours, would I miss out on any valuable physics?
You are able to switch after the first year anyway, so does anyone know to what degree the maths and physics modules studied vary between the two courses. I've tried looking on the website but could not find much information. ?

Any advice greatly appreciated :) !

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is the average class size at Warwick?

According to recent data, the average class size at Warwick is around 20-25 students. However, this can vary depending on the specific course and year level.

2. Is it difficult to get admitted to Warwick?

Warwick is a highly selective university, and the admission process is competitive. It is important to have strong academic qualifications, extracurricular activities, and a well-written personal statement to increase your chances of being admitted.

3. What are the popular majors at Warwick?

Some of the popular majors at Warwick include Economics, Business, Computer Science, and Politics. However, there are over 200 undergraduate degree programs offered, so students have a wide range of options to choose from.

4. How is the campus life at Warwick?

The campus life at Warwick is vibrant and diverse. There are over 250 student societies and clubs, providing opportunities for students to get involved in various activities and meet new people. The campus also has a range of facilities, including sports centers, libraries, and social spaces.

5. Does Warwick offer internship or work placement opportunities?

Yes, Warwick has a dedicated Careers and Skills team that works with students to provide internship and work placement opportunities. The university also has strong connections with various industries, providing students with valuable networking opportunities for their future careers.