APA Format for Psychology Annotated Bibliography

In summary, APA (American Psychological Association) format is a set of guidelines for writing and formatting academic papers in the field of psychology. An annotated bibliography for psychology should be cited in APA format using the author-date citation style, and should include a brief summary, evaluation, and statement of use for each source. It should also follow specific formatting guidelines, such as double-spacing, 1-inch margins, and alphabetical organization. Additional resources and examples can be found on the official APA website or through university writing centers or libraries.
njblaha
I have to do an annotated bibliography for psychology and the professor wants it to be in APA format.I have no idea what APA format is.Can someone opoint me in the direction?

Physics news on Phys.org
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/research/r_apa.html

Its the American Psychological Association standard formatting rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you,it helps a lot.

Related to APA Format for Psychology Annotated Bibliography

1. What is APA format for a psychology annotated bibliography?

APA (American Psychological Association) format is a set of guidelines for writing and formatting academic papers in the field of psychology. An annotated bibliography is a list of sources used in a research paper, with a brief summary and evaluation of each source.

2. How do I cite sources in APA format for a psychology annotated bibliography?

Sources should be cited in APA format using the author-date citation style. This means including the author's last name and the publication year of the source in parentheses within the text. A complete citation should also be included in the reference list at the end of the annotated bibliography.

3. What should be included in an annotation for a psychology annotated bibliography?

An annotation should include a brief summary of the source, an evaluation of its reliability and relevance to the research topic, and a statement on how it will be used in the paper. It should also mention the author's credentials and any important information about the source's publication.

4. Are there any specific formatting guidelines for an APA psychology annotated bibliography?

Yes, an APA psychology annotated bibliography should be double-spaced with 1-inch margins and a clear and readable font (such as Times New Roman, 12-point size). Each annotation should be indented half an inch from the left margin. The entire bibliography should be organized alphabetically by the author's last name.

5. Where can I find more information and examples of APA format for psychology annotated bibliographies?

The official APA website (www.apastyle.org) provides detailed guidelines and examples for citing sources and formatting annotated bibliographies in APA style. Your university's writing center or library may also have resources available to help you properly format your annotated bibliography.