Apply to College Before Dec. 23: Advice?

• Admissions
  • Thread starter pragmatic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    college sat
In summary, it is recommended to submit college applications before receiving SAT scores to avoid missing any deadlines. Even if the scores turn out to be low, there is still the option to retake the test and have the new scores forwarded. Waiting until after receiving scores may result in missing important application deadlines.
pragmatic
I just recently took the SAT and won't get the scores until Dec. 23rd, however I'm wonder should I submit my applications before receiving my scores or not? I'm not applying to any huge colleges just some local state ones in the surrounding area if that makes a difference. College Board (Those who administer the SAT) are already set to send my scores to the colleges I want so that's my main reason for wondering if I should already have applications in before the 23rd.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Don't wait for the SAT scores, send your applications in now. You don't want to miss any deadlines.

Enjoy the holidays.

You may be in for an unpleasant surprise if you did submit...

Catria said:
You may be in for an unpleasant surprise if you did submit...

Why? His scores are his scores and he will need them to apply. If the OP needs to take the tests again then he/she can and have them forwarded whereas if he/she waits then an important deadline could be missed. I know some California schools like UCLA have December deadlines.

An unpleasant surprise if his scores turned out to be very low in the context of the schools applied to...

1. What is the significance of applying to college before Dec. 23?

Applying to college before Dec. 23 is important because it allows you to meet early application deadlines and potentially increase your chances of acceptance. It also gives you more time to gather all necessary materials and make any necessary revisions to your application.

2. Is there a specific reason for the Dec. 23 deadline?

The Dec. 23 deadline is typically set by colleges to allow enough time for the admissions committee to review applications and make decisions before the start of the new year. It also coincides with winter break for many high school students, giving them more time to work on their applications.

3. Can I still apply to college after Dec. 23?

Yes, you can still apply to college after Dec. 23. However, keep in mind that many colleges have rolling admissions, meaning they review applications as they are received, and spots may fill up quickly. It is always best to apply as early as possible to give yourself the best chance of acceptance.

4. Are there any exceptions to the Dec. 23 deadline?

Some colleges may have different application deadlines for specific programs or for international students. It is important to check with each individual college to see if there are any exceptions to the Dec. 23 deadline.

5. What materials do I need to apply to college before Dec. 23?

The materials needed to apply to college before Dec. 23 may vary, but typically include transcripts, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, essays, and a completed application form. It is important to check with each college for their specific requirements and deadlines.