Area of Triangle ABC: Find the Solution

In summary, to find the area of a triangle, you can use the formula: A = (1/2)bh, where A is the area, b is the length of the base, and h is the height of the triangle. If the height is not given, you can use the formula: A = (1/2)ab sin(C), where a and b are the lengths of two sides and C is the angle between them. The Pythagorean Theorem can also be used to find the height of a right triangle. The same formula can be used for any triangle. However, the accuracy of the formula may be affected by rounding errors for very large or small triangles.
STS
ABC is a triangle. AC=4cm; AB=3cm; A=60 degrees.
I need help finding the area of triangle ABC.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Can you calculate the height from point C ?

If you know the lengths of two sides of a triangle (we'll call them \(a\) and \(b\)), and the angle \(\theta\) subtended by the two sides, then the area \(A\) of the triangle is given by:

\(\displaystyle A=\frac{1}{2}ab\sin(\theta)\)

Can you proceed?

Related to Area of Triangle ABC: Find the Solution

What is the formula for finding the area of a triangle?

The formula for finding the area of a triangle is A = 1/2 * base * height, where A represents the area, and base and height represent the base and height of the triangle, respectively.

How do I find the base and height of a triangle?

The base and height of a triangle can be found by measuring the distance from the base to the opposite vertex and drawing a perpendicular line from the opposite vertex to the base. The length of this perpendicular line is the height, and the length of the base can be measured directly.

Can I use any units of measurement to find the area of a triangle?

Yes, as long as the units of measurement for the base and height are the same, the area will also be in those units. For example, if the base is measured in inches and the height in inches, the area will be in square inches.

What is the difference between finding the area of a triangle and finding the perimeter?

The area of a triangle refers to the amount of space inside the triangle, while the perimeter refers to the distance around the edges of the triangle. The formula for finding the perimeter is P = side1 + side2 + side3, where P represents the perimeter and side1, side2, and side3 represent the lengths of the sides of the triangle.

Can I use the same formula to find the area of any type of triangle?

Yes, the formula A = 1/2 * base * height can be used to find the area of any type of triangle, including equilateral, isosceles, and scalene triangles. However, the method for finding the base and height may differ depending on the type of triangle.