Audio Amplifier Using TIP 147, 142

In summary: The input signal is applied to the input of the transistor, and the output goes to the base. You'll almost certainly need a capacitor to couple the signal from the mic to the base, and this capacitor needs to go directly to the base (you are showing the mic wrongly connected directly to the power rail, Vcc).
Usama Khurram
<< Obnoxious all caps post fixed by Moderators >>
I have made an audio amplifier using an LM386 IC, but it does not amplify any sound from the microphone. Please help me to improve this using a Darlington pair or any other power transistor like the TIP147/142...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Please don't use uppercase lettering ... its considered shouting when typing online

OK you haven't given us enough info to help you
how about circuit diagram if what you have built and maybe a photo or 2 of your construction so that the wiring can be checked for errorsDave

Also, please add any information you have about your microphone.

I have cascaded these two , means first i install the Common colletor because of high input impedence and then i apply its output from emitter to LM386 ... but theere is no sound which i applied on common collector base. which type of microphone should i use for this.. please guide me.

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 374
  • images.png
    images.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 444
Usama Khurram said:
first i install the Common colletor because of high input impedence and then i apply its output from emitter to LM386
Well, the common collector stage you have shown is just a textbook drawing. What does your real circuit look like?

Svein said:
Well, the common collector stage you have shown is just a textbook drawing. What does your real circuit look like?
output speaker specs is: 4Ohm, 3 Watt

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 401
Your common-collector stage needs fixing! You'll almost certainly need a capacitor to couple the signal from the mic to the base, and this capacitor needs to go directly to the base (you are showing the mic wrongly connected directly to the power rail, Vcc).

can
NascentOxygen said:
Your common-collector stage needs fixing! You'll almost certainly need a capacitor to couple the signal from the mic to the base, and this capacitor needs to go directly to the base (you are showing the mic wrongly connected directly to the power rail, Vcc).
you please draw the picture on peper and send me here? as it does not work till now.

upload_2015-11-16_16-51-59.png

Usama Khurram said:
you please draw the picture on peper and send me here? as it does not work till now.
Here is a schematic for a "common collector" stage.

1. What is an "Audio Amplifier Using TIP 147, 142"?

An "Audio Amplifier Using TIP 147, 142" is a type of electronic circuit that is designed to increase the amplitude of an audio signal. It uses transistors TIP 147 and TIP 142 to amplify the signal and provide a higher output power.

2. How does an audio amplifier using TIP 147, 142 work?

An audio amplifier using TIP 147, 142 works by taking a low-level audio signal and increasing its amplitude using the transistors TIP 147 and TIP 142. These transistors act as switches and control the flow of current to the output, resulting in a larger and more powerful audio signal.

3. What are the advantages of using TIP 147, 142 transistors in an audio amplifier?

One advantage of using TIP 147, 142 transistors in an audio amplifier is their high power handling capabilities. These transistors can handle large amounts of current, making them suitable for amplifying audio signals. They also have a low output resistance, which helps to reduce distortion in the amplified audio signal.

4. Are there any disadvantages to using TIP 147, 142 transistors in an audio amplifier?

One potential disadvantage of using TIP 147, 142 transistors in an audio amplifier is their relatively high cost compared to other types of transistors. They also require careful heat management as they can get hot when operating at high power levels. Additionally, these transistors may not be suitable for low-voltage applications.

5. Can an audio amplifier using TIP 147, 142 be used for other purposes besides amplifying audio signals?

Yes, an audio amplifier using TIP 147, 142 can be used for other purposes besides amplifying audio signals. It can be used in power supplies, motor control circuits, and other applications that require high-power switching. However, it is most commonly used in audio amplifiers due to its specific design for amplifying audio signals.