How to Control Speed of One Wheel in a Table Tennis Ball Serving Machine?

In summary, the conversation discusses the design of a table tennis ball serving machine for a leaving cert project in Ireland. The design includes two spinning rotors with the purpose of imparting different spins to the ball. The question arises whether there is a way to control the speed of one of the rotors, as it would increase the functionality without sacrificing design. A wikipedia page is suggested as a resource for an adjustable-speed drive.
Cowzer
For my leaving cert project (Ireland) I have to build a table tennis ball serving machine. I'm settling on a design that uses two spinning rotors to fire the ball out as it passes between them, but I'm wondering is there any way to automatically adjust the speed going to one of the rotors (each one will have a different motor)?

Design is like this

http://www.blackwatersports.net/blackwatersportsb2b/images/b2b_Titan.jpg

Is there any way to control the speed of one of the wheels?

Cheers

Engineering news on Phys.org
Is the intent to impart various spins to the ball? If not, I see no reason to have different speeds on the two rotors.

Yeah various spins is the intent as that will increase it's functionality without sacrificing design like a having it on a pivot would make it a bit "clumsy" nearly. There's marks for functionality and design along with other stuff. Is there a way to do it? If not I have a nice way for pivotting it I might use

1. What is automatic speed control?

Automatic speed control is a system in vehicles that helps maintain a constant speed without the driver having to manually adjust the accelerator pedal. It uses sensors and computerized components to regulate the speed of the vehicle.

2. How does automatic speed control work?

The system uses sensors, such as radar or cameras, to detect the distance between the vehicle and objects in front of it. The information is then sent to a computer, which adjusts the throttle or applies the brakes to maintain a constant speed.

3. What are the benefits of automatic speed control?

Automatic speed control can improve fuel efficiency, reduce driver fatigue, and help prevent accidents caused by speeding or following too closely. It can also make driving in heavy traffic or on long highways more convenient.

4. Is automatic speed control safe?

Yes, automatic speed control is designed to work in conjunction with other safety features in a vehicle, such as anti-lock brakes and airbags. However, it is important for drivers to still pay attention to the road and be prepared to take control of the vehicle if needed.

5. Can automatic speed control be turned off?

Yes, most vehicles with automatic speed control have a button or switch that allows the driver to turn off the system. This is useful for situations where the driver needs to accelerate quickly or when driving on roads with frequent turns and curves.