Average Joe" - Is Josh Your Fave?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Average
In summary: Anyway, I found it funny that they were picking these guys for the show based on their physical characteristics, but then showing how clueless they were.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Anyone else watch this? I think Josh is a hunk. :approve:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Average_Joe/

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
First the half-crazed homemakers, now this ? Does your appetite for self-destruction know no bounds ?

Gokul43201 said:
First the half-crazed homemakers, now this ? Does your appetite for self-destruction know no bounds ?
I'm shameless. :tongue:

Nope, don't watch that, but while I couldn't get an internet connection tonight, I actually turned on the TV and started flipping channels. :yuck: Okay, there was some ballroom dance show with people who can't actually dance, there was something called "Psychic Detectives" which I couldn't stomach past the intro, and then this show called "Beauty and the Geek." It seemed to take people from the full spectrum of personality disorders and toss them together with airheaded women (one was listed as "a sorority girl"...how weird for your whole identity to be based on belonging to a sorority :confused:) and nerdy men (one was a cute geeky med student, but the others were your real insecure, immature, out-of-shape, socially inept nerds). I was repulsed, yet strangely unable to stop watching, I think out of pure horror. :bugeye: Who thinks up this stuff? Filling holes in my backyard was more entertaining (that's what I did first...all the holes where the fenceposts came out needed to be filled).

Nope. Super Dave, Weird Al, Little Richard, Big Bad Jim, Dirty Harry, Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry, Fat Albert...but not Average Joe.

Moonbear said:
"Beauty and the Geek." It seemed to take people from the full spectrum of personality disorders and toss them together with airheaded women (one was listed as "a sorority girl"...how weird for your whole identity to be based on belonging to a sorority :confused:) and nerdy men (one was a cute geeky med student, but the others were your real insecure, immature, out-of-shape, socially inept nerds). I was repulsed, yet strangely unable to stop watching, I think out of pure horror. :bugeye:
Yep, I accidently tuned into Average Joe and couldn't stop. :bugeye: Now I have to see what happens next week. :frown:

Oh, I read about Beauty & the Geek. A bunch of nerds are paired with braindead women. Rats, I missed it! :tongue:

Moonbear said:
Nope, don't watch that, but while I couldn't get an internet connection tonight, I actually turned on the TV and started flipping channels. :yuck: Okay, there was some ballroom dance show with people who can't actually dance, there was something called "Psychic Detectives" which I couldn't stomach past the intro, and then this show called "Beauty and the Geek." It seemed to take people from the full spectrum of personality disorders and toss them together with airheaded women (one was listed as "a sorority girl"...how weird for your whole identity to be based on belonging to a sorority :confused:) and nerdy men (one was a cute geeky med student, but the others were your real insecure, immature, out-of-shape, socially inept nerds). I was repulsed, yet strangely unable to stop watching, I think out of pure horror. :bugeye: Who thinks up this stuff? Filling holes in my backyard was more entertaining (that's what I did first...all the holes where the fenceposts came out needed to be filled).
AH! :eek:
There are cool geeky guys out there (like me :biggrin:) and most of us would hate to spend more than five minutes talking to some bimbo.

TheStatutoryApe said:
AH! :eek:
There are cool geeky guys out there (like me :biggrin:) and most of us would hate to spend more than five minutes talking to some bimbo.
What struck me as funny while watching is that they seemed to pick people who fit a physical stereotype, but don't seem to fit the mental part. They had a fishing/camping contest on this show, and even though they managed to show a few clips of the geeks getting smacked by a tent pole the women were trying to put together (and I wondered if the women just played dumb there and did it on purpose :rofl:), it was really the women telling the geeks how to do everything and getting frustrated that these guys were so useless...and boy were they. The one was sitting there with the fishing rod and reel asking where the "crank" was. The women seemed to be the ones getting the tents assembled too. These were the sort of tents that you don't even need to read instructions to assemble...just unfold the two flexible poles, lock all the segments of the pole together, slide it through the channels in the fabric of the tent and attach it at either end. My nephew got one of those for Christmas to play in, and it took about 2 minutes to assemble. The hardest part is feeding the second pole though after the first one starts pulling the tent material taut. The geeks were sitting there trying to read directions. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
What struck me as funny while watching is that they seemed to pick people who fit a physical stereotype, but don't seem to fit the mental part. They had a fishing/camping contest on this show, and even though they managed to show a few clips of the geeks getting smacked by a tent pole the women were trying to put together (and I wondered if the women just played dumb there and did it on purpose :rofl:), it was really the women telling the geeks how to do everything and getting frustrated that these guys were so useless...and boy were they. The one was sitting there with the fishing rod and reel asking where the "crank" was. The women seemed to be the ones getting the tents assembled too. These were the sort of tents that you don't even need to read instructions to assemble...just unfold the two flexible poles, lock all the segments of the pole together, slide it through the channels in the fabric of the tent and attach it at either end. My nephew got one of those for Christmas to play in, and it took about 2 minutes to assemble. The hardest part is feeding the second pole though after the first one starts pulling the tent material taut. The geeks were sitting there trying to read directions. :rolleyes:
Nooo! Not dumb geeks! :grumpy: That is soooo wrong.

Ive lost all faith in 'reality tv' after Adam picked that two timing bimbo Samantha Trenk over Rachel Goetz. Heck, if I had a job I'd ask Rachel out myself.

Edit: Oh I think Adam has a 4D vision! This man's insane. Take a look at this picture

http://www.rachelgoetz.com/photogallery/Rachel%20and%20mom%20at%20wedding.jpg [Broken]

Thats what awaits thee in the future. Oh Adam you taught me well :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Nooo! Not dumb geeks! :grumpy: That is soooo wrong.
I don't know if it was dumb or just totally inept and lacking any common sense. They might still be very book smart. Either way, it sure doesn't work for me.

1. What is "Average Joe" - Is Josh Your Fave?

"Average Joe" - Is Josh Your Fave? is a popular reality TV show that aired in 2003 and 2004. The show featured a group of average looking men competing for the love of a beautiful woman named Melana Scantlin.

2. Who is Josh on "Average Joe" - Is Josh Your Fave?

Josh Sussman was one of the contestants on "Average Joe" - Is Josh Your Fave? He gained popularity on the show for his quirky personality and kind heart.

3. Did Josh win "Average Joe" - Is Josh Your Fave?

No, Josh did not win "Average Joe" - Is Josh Your Fave? He made it to the final three, but Melana ultimately chose another contestant, Jason Peoples, as the winner.

4. What happened to Josh after "Average Joe" - Is Josh Your Fave?

After his time on "Average Joe" - Is Josh Your Fave?, Josh continued to pursue acting and has appeared in various TV shows and movies. He also works as a voice actor for animated shows and video games.

5. Is "Average Joe" - Is Josh Your Fave? still airing?

No, "Average Joe" - Is Josh Your Fave? is not currently airing. The show ended in 2004 after two seasons, but it has gained a cult following and is available to stream on various platforms.