1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Average transfer gpa

1. Jun 17, 2010 #1
    What is the average transfer gpa for physics major? I dont even know since hardly anyone even goes into physics for CC transfer. Example for UCs and other state universities.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2010 #2
    I transferred to a university from a junior college. Is that what you're asking?

4. Jun 18, 2010 #3
    if you transfer from junior colleges, most universities will wipe your gpa clean or even make you retake many classes.

junior colleges are notorious for watering down of material and easy grades.

5. Jun 18, 2010 #4
    That's why you attend a reputable one. All of my courses transferred, but of course my GPA started over at the university.

6. Jun 18, 2010 #5
    Wasnt getting the answer I expected but oh well. I am in a reputable JC, one of the top 5 transfer JC in fact in CA so Im fine. Yea, transfer gpa from a JC to a UC. But then what is the average gpa for physics in the UC anyways.

7. Jun 18, 2010 #6
    Well, mine was like 3.8.

8. Jun 19, 2010 #7

RunSwimSurf

Gold Member

I am transferring to CSULB with a 3.8 (for physics, but am considering switching to EE)

EDIT: Also, I am transferring from OCC

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook