Average transfer gpa

• Thread starter woepriest
  • Start date
What is the average transfer gpa for physics major? I dont even know since hardly anyone even goes into physics for CC transfer. Example for UCs and other state universities.

Answers and Replies

I transferred to a university from a junior college. Is that what you're asking?

if you transfer from junior colleges, most universities will wipe your gpa clean or even make you retake many classes.

junior colleges are notorious for watering down of material and easy grades.

if you transfer from junior colleges, most universities will wipe your gpa clean or even make you retake many classes.

junior colleges are notorious for watering down of material and easy grades.
That's why you attend a reputable one. All of my courses transferred, but of course my GPA started over at the university.

Wasnt getting the answer I expected but oh well. I am in a reputable JC, one of the top 5 transfer JC in fact in CA so Im fine. Yea, transfer gpa from a JC to a UC. But then what is the average gpa for physics in the UC anyways.

Wasnt getting the answer I expected but oh well. I am in a reputable JC, one of the top 5 transfer JC in fact in CA so Im fine. Yea, transfer gpa from a JC to a UC. But then what is the average gpa for physics in the UC anyways.
Well, mine was like 3.8.

RunSwimSurf
Gold Member
I am transferring to CSULB with a 3.8 (for physics, but am considering switching to EE)

EDIT: Also, I am transferring from OCC