AVRstudio - Building for ATmega8

• Thread starter Gliese123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Building
In summary, the person is having trouble with their AVRstudio version 5 compiler giving errors on lines that do not exist after building their code. They suspect it may be an issue with the include file they added and are unsure why the compiler is giving these errors. They ask for help and suggest checking the build settings.
Gliese123

Homework Statement

Hi there,

I have just installed AVRstudio version 5 to be able to write programs so that we can use the micro controller ATmega 8. The encountered problem is that after the code has been build, the compiler complains on lines which doesn't even exists! How is this possible?
I have a screen shot here so that you may see the problem:

Skaumlrmklipp_zps16530f8e.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Any idea?

Physics news on Phys.org
Is it finding errors in the Include file?

berkeman said:
Is it finding errors in the Include file?
Thx for replying!
Umm. I'm totally new to this but as I can see, the include file I added which I suppose is correct would be the one the compiler complains about. It says down in the right corner that File: m8def.inc
I have no idea why it would complain on lines which don't exist?
I'm very certain that there are no lines after the 27 line.

It keeps complaining on every single lines up to line 732? :S

Can you attach the include file to this thread (upload it)?

Are there some Build settings in the tool?

I would suggest checking the code for any errors or mistakes that may be causing the compiler to complain about non-existent lines. It is also important to make sure that the code is properly written for the ATmega8 microcontroller and that all necessary libraries and dependencies are included. If the issue persists, it may be helpful to seek assistance from other programmers or consult the documentation for AVRstudio to troubleshoot the problem. Additionally, ensuring that the correct version of AVRstudio is being used and that it is compatible with the ATmega8 microcontroller may also help resolve the issue.

What is AVRstudio?

AVRstudio is an integrated development environment (IDE) used for programming and debugging Atmel AVR microcontrollers, including the ATmega8.

What is the ATmega8 microcontroller?

The ATmega8 is a microcontroller from Atmel's AVR family, which is widely used in embedded systems and DIY projects. It is a low-power, high-performance 8-bit microcontroller with a variety of features such as built-in programmable flash memory, multiple communication interfaces, and analog-to-digital conversion capabilities.

How do I build a project for ATmega8 in AVRstudio?

To build a project for ATmega8 in AVRstudio, you first need to create a new project and select the correct microcontroller in the project settings. Then, you can write your code in C or assembly language, compile it, and upload it to the microcontroller using a programming tool such as a USBasp or Atmel-ICE.

Can I use AVRstudio to program other microcontrollers?

Yes, AVRstudio supports a wide range of Atmel AVR microcontrollers, including the ATmega8. However, it is not limited to just AVR microcontrollers and can also be used for other microcontrollers such as ARM and 8051.

Is AVRstudio free to use?

Yes, AVRstudio is a free software that can be downloaded from Atmel's website. However, it requires a compatible programming tool to upload the code to the microcontroller, which may need to be purchased separately.