B.S. Vs b.tech what must I take?

• Thread starter Viru.universe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    B.s.
In summary, an engineering degree is beneficial if you want to do research in physics. However, if you are not interested in maths, an engineering degree may not be the best choice for you.
Viru.universe
Can someone please tell me in detail what are the differences in courses in an engineering bachelor's and bachelor in pure sciences,
for eg. If I'm to select between B.S. In physics and b.tech in comp sci/EE etc, what are common things which i'll learn and what will be the major differences in the syllabus?
And which course should one take if one is deeply passionate about physics and wants to pursue a research in the field, but also wants to be aware of the technological world.
So will I miss something if I do b.s. In physics rather than b.tech in an eng. Course or vice versa?
I'm confused as I have to take decision in few days, personal experiences are welcomed

Physics news on Phys.org
Engineering is physics applied to practical things, so you'll see a lot of the physics topics come up over the course of your degree. A physics degree will give you most of the same topics but its not as practical

Okay I got that, so does that imply an engineering degree is more useful than B.S. ?

Not necessarily. It all depends on your career aspirations, if you want to do research the physics degree maybe better. If you want to work in industry the engineering degree is better.

Nope I surely don't want to work in an industry, I was just going through the "should I become an engineer " thread it tells engineering is full of maths and requires to think out of box.
I'm not that much interested in maths as much I'm interested in physics, I'm quite good at maths but not the best. The question is if I don't get b.s course but happen to get an eng. Course(not of my choice) then should I take it? I may then do masters in physics in the area of my interest, is it a good idea? As I will have a backup option of an eng. Degree if my financial conditions are not well in future(while studying masters,phd)

Related to B.S. Vs b.tech what must I take?

1. What is the difference between B.S. and B.Tech?

Both B.S. (Bachelor of Science) and B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) are undergraduate degrees in the field of science and technology. However, the main difference lies in the focus and approach of the two degrees. B.S. degrees tend to have a broader and more theoretical approach, while B.Tech degrees have a more practical and hands-on approach. B.Tech degrees also tend to be more specialized in a particular field, such as engineering or technology.

2. Which degree is better for a career in science or technology?

It ultimately depends on your career goals and interests. For those interested in research and academia, a B.S. degree may be more beneficial as it provides a strong foundation in theoretical concepts. However, for those interested in pursuing a career in industry or practical applications of science and technology, a B.Tech degree may be more suitable as it offers more hands-on experience and specialized skills.

3. Can I switch between a B.S. and B.Tech degree?

It is possible to switch between the two degrees, but it may involve additional coursework and time. If you are enrolled in a B.S. program, you may be able to transfer to a B.Tech program if you meet the necessary requirements. Similarly, if you are enrolled in a B.Tech program, you may be able to transfer to a B.S. program. However, it is best to consult with your academic advisor before making any changes.

4. Will the job opportunities be the same for both degrees?

The job opportunities for B.S. and B.Tech graduates may differ slightly, but both degrees can lead to promising careers in science and technology fields. B.S. graduates may have more opportunities in research and academia, while B.Tech graduates may have more opportunities in industry and practical applications. However, it ultimately depends on the individual's skills, experience, and job market demand.

5. Can I pursue a master's degree with either a B.S. or B.Tech degree?

Yes, both B.S. and B.Tech degrees provide a strong foundation for pursuing a master's degree in a related field. However, some master's programs may have specific requirements or preferences for certain undergraduate degrees. It is best to research and consult with the specific program you are interested in to determine the best path for your career goals.