Hot Summer Day in Olympia Lisab - Feel the Burn

In summary, the person is complaining about the heat and how they melt in warm weather. They mention good toys to play in the hot weather and how their life is good and getting better due to the hot weather.
DiracPool
Damn, I'm burnin' up here. Aren't you dyin' down there in Olympia Lisab?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yep. Holy cow, I might burn up my car's AC before July 1! I wilt once the temp goes over about 68F. I am a true weather wimp.

lisab said:
Yep. Holy cow, I might burn up my car's AC before July 1! I wilt once the temp goes over about 68F. I am a true weather wimp.
How hot is it, it's been cold here, temps at night in the 40's.

Evo said:
How hot is it, it's been cold here, temps at night in the 40's.

In the 80s. Nights have been in the 50s - I would love 40s at night!

I've never been good in warm weather, I melt.

lisab said:
In the 80s. Nights have been in the 50s - I would love 40s at night!

I've never been good in warm weather, I melt.
I actually break out in welts and get sick, no heat for me.

I got the fan going now. On setting 2

Around 65 here, way too cold if you ask me.

It was up to 104 here in Tucson last week according to my phone.

It's Florida here in Florida.

I despise warm weather. It makes me feel lazy.

AnTiFreeze3 said:
I despise warm weather. It makes me feel lazy.

Huh. I must be as hot as the surface of the sun all year round then.

90 degrees in Seattle right now at 7pm. It's going to be that way the rest of the week. No...energy...need...water...

I had to take the side panel off my desktop and stick a box fan up to it cause the processor was hitting 70C+ and my Susskind videos started doing the outer limits shuffle.

I truly hate the warm I think. I only crave it for a few weeks and then my body completely detests it. It's been 90-100 here in MD. Terrible. 75-90 at night. There's no rest and NO AC. Ugh.

Same here, my air conditioner broke and this new one does NOTHING IT'S TOO HOT

We're on something like day 5 of 95-100 degree weather in Silicon Valley, with no relief in sight until after July 4. I want my money back.

Definitely applying to northern schools when the time comes. I miss the snow =/

MIT can be nice in the winter...

108 degrees fahrennheit in Austin, Texas on Saturday. Talk about hot asphalt.

My son politely asked me, in the way that 3 year olds do, to come inside from the heat. I'm completely grateful he did, I was burning up.

Good thing we had the essentials:
-Dr. Seuss
-Lego
-Molecular Modeling kit
-Tonka Trucks
-Thomas the Train
(No television or movies)

Great toys for hot days.

I'm even able to work on organic chemistry and calculus while he reads and plays. Life is good and getting better.

11:00 PM and it's still 80 degrees outside...And about 100 inside

1. What is "Hot Summer Day in Olympia Lisab - Feel the Burn"?

"Hot Summer Day in Olympia Lisab - Feel the Burn" is a scientific research project conducted in Olympia Lisab, a city known for its hot summers. It aims to study the effects of extreme heat on the human body, specifically focusing on the concept of "feeling the burn".

2. What is the purpose of this research project?

The purpose of this research project is to gain a better understanding of how the human body responds to extreme heat and the concept of "feeling the burn". The findings of this study can potentially be used to develop better heat mitigation strategies and improve our understanding of human physiology.

3. How is this research project being conducted?

This research project involves collecting data from participants who will be exposed to extreme heat in a controlled environment. The participants will be monitored for changes in their physiological responses, such as heart rate and perspiration, as well as their perceived level of discomfort. This data will then be analyzed to draw conclusions about the effects of extreme heat on the human body.

4. What are the potential implications of this research?

The potential implications of this research include a better understanding of how the human body responds to extreme heat, which can inform the development of heat mitigation strategies and improve our understanding of human physiology. This research could also have applications in fields such as sports science and occupational health, where individuals may be exposed to extreme heat.

5. How will the data from this research project be used?

The data collected from this research project will be analyzed and published in scientific journals to contribute to the existing body of knowledge on human physiology and extreme heat. It may also be used by policymakers and health professionals to inform guidelines and strategies for dealing with extreme heat events. Additionally, the data may be used for further research and experimentation in related fields.