Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Baked Doritos

1. Mar 30, 2006 #1

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Baked Doritos are nasty. I mean, really nasty. In the Jesus Christ, what on earth compelled me to pay money for this vile slop kinda way.

But I ate them all anyway. :uhh: :yuck: :frown:

- Warren

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 30, 2006 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I expect this sort of thread from tribdog, or yomamma, but now you, Chroot? Have they been adding something strange to the water out west?

They are nasty, but I never felt compelled to eat more than one. :yuck:

4. Mar 30, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Oh yeah, they're nasty, you've got to have grease.

5. Mar 30, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How could anyone think you could make a Dorito healthier just by baking it anyway? Do they think cheese is naturally that color orange? :rolleyes:

6. Mar 30, 2006 #5
    You ate a whole one?!

7. Mar 30, 2006 #6

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There was a day, in the not-so-distant past, when I nearly "bonked" on my bike ride into work one morning. By the 12th mile I was practically unable to move my legs anymore, but didn't realize it was because my blood sugar had tanked. By the 15th I was shaking.

When I got to work my appetite was positively ravenous. I mean, I had never been so hungry in my entire life. I had no cash for the snack machines, couldn't find any coworkers, and didn't think I could handle riding my bike anywhere to get any food.

So, I started looking around my office. I found nothing but a tube of chapstick. I turned it over and over in my hands, wondering.. honestly wondering.. if chapstick had any nutritional value, and how I'd feel after eating the entire tube. I wanted to eat the chapstick so strongly that I actually googled it just to make sure... really sure... it had no nutritional value.

- Warren

8. Mar 30, 2006 #7

Evo

I was afraid for a moment you were going to say you ate it. :surprised

Actually, it might taste better than the doritos.

9. Mar 30, 2006 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Now that's a talent! :uhh: Oh, you probably mean something different by "bonked." o:)

Um, yeah, when you're checking on the nutritional value of chapstick, your blood sugar is definitely dangerously low! :surprised

10. Mar 30, 2006 #9

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I almost assuredly would have eaten it, if it weren't the minty medicated variety. I didn't think it would sit too well. :frown:

- Warren

11. Mar 30, 2006 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't remember...I've blocked most of the experience from memory.

12. Mar 30, 2006 #11

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I should record the sounds my stomach is making right now, post-Doritos. It sounds like a whale orgy. :frown: Someone's gonna be unhappy later tonight.

- Warren

13. Mar 30, 2006 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Likely anyone with a nose who lives with you. :rofl: But thanks for sharing. :yuck:

14. Mar 30, 2006 #13

Evo

I thinks that "boinked", but yeah, my mind went straight to the same place. :blushing:

15. Mar 30, 2006 #14

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

At least I know who my fans are.

- Warren

16. Mar 30, 2006 #15
  17. Mar 30, 2006 #16

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

...but Doritos coming right out of the fryers at Frito are awesome. :biggrin:

18. Mar 30, 2006 #17
    I think anyone who rides a bike 15 miles deserves to eat chapstick. (By which I mean I'm envious.)

19. Mar 30, 2006 #18

Mk

Funny how they are my favorite baked corn chip snack. And they're up there in the general snack category probably around #5-10

20. Mar 30, 2006 #19

Evo

Fried cheetos are better than baked cheetos, fried potato chips are better than baked chips, some things are just better fried. Fried donuts are better than baked donuts. :bugeye:

21. Mar 30, 2006 #20

Mk

Fried oreos are better than baked oreos.

Fried smores are better than baked smores.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?