Man Visits Two Barbershops: Why Does He Return to First One?

• Thread starter Numbnut247
  • Start date
In summary, the man chose to go back to the first barber despite the better appearance of the second barber because the second barber was located much farther away. This riddle was mentioned in a forum discussion and sparked a debate about cleanliness and grooming.
Numbnut247
Hey guys, I heard a riddle about a man going to a barbershop and sees that the barber is badly dressed with crazy hair and everything is old and messy. So he goes to another one and sees that the barber has a really good haircut and the place is really clean and nice. But he returns to the first one. Why?

Can anyone tell me the exact riddle cause I might be missing something. Not the answer! Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe you mean the one Dave mentioned here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=89952

DaveC426913 said:
Part II:
A little known fact: There were actually TWO barbers in Seville (and the next nearest barber is a hundred mile train ride away in Quadalquivir).

The barber mentioned by Edguardo runs a very tight ship; his shop is spotlessly clean, as is his attire. He has perfectly groomed nails, teeth and hair - the very model of a clean, well-groomed gentleman. The other barber, on the other side of the tracks has a dirty shop, with hair on the floor. He's dressed in old clothes, with grimy nails, yellow teeth, B.O. and a terrible haircut - he's a slob.

You've just blown into town for a convention and absolutely must get a haircut. Who do you go to?

It's obvious. This thread should be moved to "Brain Teasers" subforum, it's beneath the level of General Discussion.

Oops. Sorry. My bad :blushing: Anyone know how I can change it?

Related to Man Visits Two Barbershops: Why Does He Return to First One?

1. What was the purpose of the experiment?

The purpose of this experiment was to investigate the factors that influence decision-making and customer loyalty in the context of barbershops.

2. How was the experiment conducted?

The experiment involved a male subject visiting two different barbershops and getting a haircut from each. The subject then rated their experience at each barbershop and provided reasons for their decision to return to the first one.

3. What were the results of the experiment?

The results showed that the subject returned to the first barbershop because of the quality of the haircut and the positive interaction with the barber. The second barbershop had a lower rating due to a longer wait time and a less skilled barber.

4. What implications can be drawn from the experiment?

The experiment suggests that the quality of service and personal interactions play a significant role in customer loyalty. It also highlights the importance of first impressions and the impact they can have on decision-making.

5. How can these findings be applied in real-life situations?

These findings can be applied in various industries, such as customer service and retail, where the quality of service and personal interactions are crucial for customer retention. Businesses can use this information to improve their services and create a positive customer experience to increase loyalty and customer satisfaction.