Troubleshooting Battery Internal Resistance Measurements

In summary: The lead connecting to the load resistor is clipped onto the probe. So that the load only draws current when I touch the probe(s) onto the battery terminal(s). It's the low resistance load which is drawing heavy current - not the multimeter which has high impedance as you indicated.There is non-negligible series resistance in the circuit, even when R =...In summary, the student is investigating the internal resistance of an AA 1.5 V battery. They have been having difficulty measuring the load voltage accurately and have been investigating ways to improve the situation. They have found that there is non-negligible series resistance in the circuit, even when R =...
Hi again. I've written a second article which is a sequel to the first one above. I hope I won't tax contributors patience if I again request review ? Techniques used in measurement of battery internal resistance are expanded to measure low resistance generally. By simple ratio of voltages in a series circuit.

The article is entitled "The Poor Man's Milli Ohm Meter" and has been posted to the Insights development forum.