How Can I Help My Son Overcome Insecurities in Math and Physics?

• Thread starter BenjaminFromOttawa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    education
In summary, helping your son overcome insecurities in math and physics can be achieved through a combination of encouragement, practice, and seeking additional resources or support. Encourage your son to approach these subjects with a positive mindset and remind him that it's okay to make mistakes and ask for help. Encourage regular practice and provide resources such as online tutorials or private tutoring if needed. Additionally, try to understand your son's specific insecurities and address them with empathy and support. With patience and persistence, your son can build confidence and overcome his insecurities in these subjects.
BenjaminFromOttawa
Hi, my name is Ben and I'm from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. My son and I are trying to understand more about math and physics. My educational background is philosophy (M.A.). He has grown up (he's now 18) always feeling insecure and left behind in math and physics and I want to change that. He is an artist--a musician and a writer, and an intelligent young man (I know I'm biased!), and I want him to learn about the world of science and math. This will help his self-confidence and open his world to the wonder and joy of learning things in a proper, fundamentally-oriented way. It is my further hope to learn myself, and eventually improve the way these subjects are taught in school, to help others who may have struggled or who will struggle. Nice to be here and take care everybody!

Likes Zionic and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Thank you very much!