Bending moments and points of contraflexure

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
ai93
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Hi
I am attempting a question on moments and beams.
I have attached the question and my solutions so far. But having trouble completing d) and e)
Can someone show how to work out bending moments and the point of contraflexure?
http://[ATTACH=full]199767[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]199768[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]199769[/ATTACH]

any help is appreciated thanks
 
Attachments
  • PLAIN]%20[Broken].jpg
    PLAIN]%20[Broken].jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 30k65pw.jpg
    30k65pw.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 323
  • 35aoc40.jpg
    35aoc40.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What have you done on part d so far. To you know how to determine the bending moment variation, given the shear force variation? How are the two related?

Chet
 
Having trouble doing bending moments and points of contraflexture. That's why I need help!