Best Engineering schools on the east coast?

In summary, the speaker is currently living in Virginia and is interested in pursuing engineering. They have applied to Virginia Tech and UVA, and are also considering applying to MIT. However, they are also interested in exploring other engineering schools on the east coast, particularly RPI, RIT, CMU, PSU, and possibly BU and Cornell. They have also heard good things about Penn State and University of Michigan, but are unsure about their graduates' success.
perfectchaos180
Ok so I live in Virginia and want to go to school for engineering, the problem is picking one. I am applying to Virginia Tech and UVA and I should get into those. I am going to apply to MIT just to see if I get in (I have a strong resume but I know it takes a hell of a lot more than that). But I don't just want to constrain myself to those schools, but if I go out of state I want to stay on the east coast. So what are the best engineering schools on the east coast that I might want to check out?

Physics news on Phys.org
Georgia Tech.

What major?
RPI and RIT are good.
CMU,PSU, and maybe BU.

Try Cornell.

Penn State and U of Mich are rated pretty highly, although I could never tell from their graduates.

Related to Best Engineering schools on the east coast?

1. What are the top engineering schools on the east coast?

The top engineering schools on the east coast include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Georgia Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, University of Pennsylvania, and Johns Hopkins University.

2. What makes these schools the best for engineering?

These schools have a strong reputation for their engineering programs, highly experienced faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, and opportunities for hands-on research and internships.

3. Are these schools only focused on traditional engineering fields?

No, these schools offer a wide range of engineering disciplines including electrical, mechanical, civil, computer, biomedical, and environmental engineering.

4. Are there any notable alumni from these schools?

Yes, these schools have produced numerous successful engineering alumni, such as Elon Musk (MIT), Sundar Pichai (University of Pennsylvania), and Patricia Bath (Carnegie Mellon University).

5. Are these schools affordable for students?

The cost of attending these schools may vary, but they offer various financial aid and scholarship opportunities for students to make their education more affordable. Additionally, the high-quality education and opportunities for career advancement make these schools a worthwhile investment.