Twin Peaks" Intro: A Nostalgic Look Back

In summary, "Twin Peaks" is a cult classic television show that aired in the early 1990s, known for its unique blend of mystery, drama, and dark humor. Set in a small town in Washington state, the show follows FBI agent Dale Cooper as he investigates the murder of homecoming queen Laura Palmer, uncovering a web of secrets and supernatural forces lurking beneath the surface. The show's surreal and dreamlike atmosphere, along with its eccentric cast of characters, captivated audiences and has since gained a devoted following. Despite its short run, "Twin Peaks" remains a beloved and influential piece of television history.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I'm just re-viewing one of my all time favourite TV series, "Twin Peaks"; I've always loved the intro:

Let's be nostalgic and remind each other of other gems!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have been taught to never use one face before different types of people, I wonder how that hurts the past, this reminds me of my presence of being who I am than being what I am not

I loved Twin Peaks.

Evo said:
I loved Twin Peaks.

Any other favourite series intro?

Miami Vice:

To Europeans, I think the great theme from the German detective series "Derrick" is well known, but perhaps Americans don't know it?

For the combination of great music and nice video clips, the best that I can think of immediately are 'Hardcastle and McCormick' and 'Enterprise'. I'll try to find links later, but I've got to log off now.

I love british series!:approve:
arildno said:
To Europeans, I think the great theme from the German detective series "Derrick" is well known, but perhaps Americans don't know it?

Yep, it was intersting! Not in my top list though.

The A-TEAM !

marlon

"Twilight Zone" (on SciFi now)
"Six Million Dollar Man"
"Battlestar Galactica"

Murder, she wrote
Columbo -

Darkwing duck

- (original)
- (Swedish)

callan (spooky, but great 1990's retro haircut)

van der valk (never watched it, but thought the intro was funny)

inspector clouseau (love this)

the marvellous Margaret Rutherford and the miss marple music (could be cheating, don't know if it was a tv series or not, and this is a longer version, I'm sure, anyway)

Last edited:
But the real brilliant intro is from the very vintage series "De Fabriek" (the mill) by, alas, the late (lung cancer) brilliant Rogier van Otterlo:

Disregard the visual loon. It's the tune.

arildno said:
Any other favourite series intro?
Robin of Sherwood by Clannad.

Star Trek Voyager Opening Intro:

Does anyone know the title of the musical theme?

(Best movie intro: Contact vs. Italian version )

1. What is "Twin Peaks" Intro: A Nostalgic Look Back?

"Twin Peaks" Intro: A Nostalgic Look Back is a documentary-style introduction to the hit television series "Twin Peaks," which originally aired in 1990 and has since gained a cult following.

2. Who created "Twin Peaks" Intro: A Nostalgic Look Back?

The documentary was created by David Lynch, the creator of the "Twin Peaks" series, along with Mark Frost.

3. When was "Twin Peaks" Intro: A Nostalgic Look Back released?

The documentary was released in 2007 as part of the DVD box set for the complete "Twin Peaks" series.

4. What can viewers expect to see in "Twin Peaks" Intro: A Nostalgic Look Back?

The documentary features interviews with the cast and crew of the show, behind-the-scenes footage, and a look at the impact and legacy of the series.

5. Is "Twin Peaks" Intro: A Nostalgic Look Back worth watching for fans of the series?

Yes, the documentary provides a deeper understanding and appreciation for the beloved series and its unique style and storytelling. It also includes never-before-seen footage and interviews with the creators and cast members.