Looking for a gripping thriller? Check out these recommendations!

• Thread starter Alex_Sanders
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about a person asking for recommendations for a good thriller book, but excluding fantasy genres like "Lord of the Rings" or "Narnia." The other person suggests "The Origin of Species" for a movie adaptation and mentions "A Dandy in Aspic" as a great spy thriller movie. However, the person asking for recommendations is hesitant due to the movie's low score on IMDB.
Alex_Sanders
What's the best thriller you have read?

Sci-fi, military, crime, war, anything but those lord of the rings or nania stuff.

I tried to find some but haven't come across any yet.

And I saved "The origin of species" for movies, hopefully James Cameron can be the director. David Lynch could do, but less preferable.

Physics news on Phys.org
I never read the book, but I thought the movie "A Dandy in Aspic" was a great spy thriller.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I never read the book, but I thought the movie "A Dandy in Aspic" was a great spy thriller.

Checked it on IMDB. The score isn't that good looking.

What types of thrillers are recommended?

There is a wide range of thrillers recommended, including psychological thrillers, crime thrillers, action thrillers, and more.

Are these recommendations suitable for all ages?

The recommendations may vary in suitability for different age groups. It is important to check the ratings and reviews before deciding if a particular book is appropriate for you or your child.

How do these recommendations compare to popular thrillers?

These recommendations are carefully selected based on their gripping plots, well-developed characters, and overall high ratings from readers. They may vary from popular thrillers, but are highly praised by readers in the thriller genre.

Are there any recommendations for fans of a specific author or series?

Yes, there are recommendations for fans of specific authors or series. You can also browse through the list and find similar authors or series that you may enjoy.

Can these recommendations be found in different formats, such as audiobooks or e-books?

Yes, these recommendations are available in various formats, including audiobooks and e-books, depending on the availability of the title. You can also check with your local library or online retailers for specific format options.