Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

BFKL literature recommendations

1. Mar 18, 2010 #1
    Hey folks,

i am trying to make myself familiar with BFKL but i don't find anything that is suitable for someone whose knowledge about this topic is close to zero. So, does anyone know any (comprehensible) introductions, papers, books,...about this?

Cheers!
    earth2

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2010 #2
    Quantum Chromodynamics: Perturbative and Nonperturbative Aspects

by Ioffe

4. Mar 19, 2010 #3
    Thanks!
    Unfortunately my faculty's library doesn't have a copy...but i'll keep searching :-)

5. Mar 19, 2010 #4
  6. Mar 19, 2010 #5
    First of all, thanks for the paper. I'll have a look into it.
    And secondly, my interest is parton evolution at the moment. I am reading QCD and the Pomeron by Forshaw and Ross and they talk all the time about BFKL and DGLAP. Unfortunately not in a very detailled manner. For that reason i really hope to find some pedagogical primer on bfkl (and later dglap) with worked derivations and so forth.

Thanks again :)

7. Mar 19, 2010 #6
    I am not sure what could be the best resource for you. The book you read comes close to being the (IMHO) best of what is up-to-date in the business, you might want to try to keep reading, to see if you can grasp something out of it. Definitely there is a lot of informal discussion assuming the reader to be familiar with basically decades of research (this is indeed not pedagogical). The problem is that the approach is so old that it pre-dates QCD (as in bootstrap models). Are you familiar with the technology of "The analytic S-matrix" as in the book
    R. J. Eden, P. V. Landshoff, D. I. Olive and J. C. Polkinghorne, The Analytic S-Matrix, Cambridge U. Press, 1966.
    ? If not, again IMHO, a possible companion to your book could be Gribov's "The theory of complex angular momenta".

8. Mar 19, 2010 #7
    Thank you for your new answer. You might laugh - but i have both books on my desk. To tell you the truth, they are quite overwhelming when reading them for the first time. But i'll give them a second chance :-) Perhaps endurance is the skill needed now...

Thanks,
    earth2

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook