Bird in the house

• Thread starter wukunlin
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
:(

we waited till night time, it finally decided to fly down. We took it outside and leave some food and water for it. In the morning it stopped moving :cry:
My mother buried it in the garden
:cry: Too much stress, perhaps. It might have been injured, and is why it flew into your house. At least it was loved for his last few hours. :smile:

DoggerDan
a bird decided to fly into the house, and then tries to exit from the highest window in the house which cann't be opened and none of us can reach, I want to figure out a way to throw the thing out without hurting it.

I'm thinking about waiting till dark and maybe leave a trail of lights (or food) to lead it out but I'm not confident that it will work. it will probably start to defecate all over the place sooner or later.

does anyone has experience to deal with this?
Uh, yeah, I do, in several states. Open all windows. Ball up some clean socks and start hurling. Takes about two minutes. Helps if you blow on a Fox whistle. He'll find his own way out. Works with bats, pigeons, some other birds I haven't a clue as to what kind, and aboard ship, the occasional seagull or albatross that gets too friendly gets a reminder than his poop ain't welcome on the poop deck. No, folks, none are hurt. Just reminded that parking one's butt aboard ship is less desirable than parking one's butt in the water. They are, after all, water fowl, and yes, they float just peachy kean.

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
... Open all windows...
What about the window that "can't be opened and none of us can reach"?

Well, it's a moot point now. I'm sorry the bird didn't make it.