Book about Aviation (not advanced)?

In summary: I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer, but a book that might be of interest is "The Physics of Flight" by John D. Kraemer. It's a little more advanced than you're looking for, but it covers a lot of ground.
hihiz
Hello people!

I'm a physicist (Phd student) with a good Physics background. I'd like to get some very good book about aviation in terms of Physics and Engineering. It shouldn't be very hard and detailed book since I'm not an engineer but at the same time it should contain a lot of "science". I'm interesting in all stuff related to construction of aircraft and its flight from the point of view of physicist or engineer. It would be great if the book contains a lot of examples of real general aviation (as Boeing or Airbus).

Can you recommend something to me? I'd appreciate that!

I'll try to get the book you will recommend from amazon.

Physics news on Phys.org
Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators is more advanced and uses more math than most of the other pilot training books but is still kept in the realm of understandability for pilots.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/156027140X/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Here is a navy training manual:

https://www.netc.navy.mil/nascweb/api/NAVAVSCOLSCOM-SG-111.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
helisphere said:
Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators is more advanced and uses more math than most of the other pilot training books but is still kept in the realm of understandability for pilots.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/156027140X/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Here is a navy training manual:

https://www.netc.navy.mil/nascweb/api/NAVAVSCOLSCOM-SG-111.pdf

I think the first one is a better book in general, but it has been superceded in terms of classroom use by the second link (pdf). Better info IMHO in the original however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wikipedia: Aviation is the design, development, production, operation, and use of aircraft, especially heavier-than-air aircraft.

That's a wide topic. For automobiles it would be everything from Bendix springs to operating the rear seat entertainment unit.

1. What is the purpose of a book about aviation?

A book about aviation serves as a comprehensive guide for individuals interested in learning more about the field of aviation. It covers topics such as history, technology, aircraft design, and flight operations.

2. Is a book about aviation suitable for beginners?

Yes, a book about aviation is suitable for beginners as it provides a basic understanding of the subject matter. It does not require prior knowledge or experience in aviation, making it accessible to anyone interested in learning more about the field.

3. What topics are typically covered in a book about aviation?

A book about aviation covers a wide range of topics, including the history of aviation, principles of flight, aircraft design and construction, aviation regulations, aviation safety, and the future of aviation.

4. Are there any visual aids included in a book about aviation?

Yes, many books about aviation include visual aids such as diagrams, illustrations, and photographs to help readers better understand the concepts being discussed. These visual aids can also make the reading experience more engaging and informative.

5. Can a book about aviation be helpful for individuals pursuing a career in aviation?

Absolutely. A book about aviation can serve as a helpful resource for individuals pursuing a career in aviation, providing them with a foundational understanding of the industry and its key concepts. It can also serve as a reference guide for more advanced topics related to specific aviation careers.