1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Book on Data Structures for beginners

1. Sep 30, 2012 #1
    I am an undergraduate student studying Computer science and engineering (2nd yr). I have studied the basics of C programming and have started studying data structures. But I find it oddly difficult to get hold of a good book that explains basics and the algorithms used for various data structures.

It would be appreciated if you could suggest some good books on the same.

Thanks in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2012 #2

Cod

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Oct 17, 2012 #3
    It depends on the level at which you want to study them. Cormen et al is still the standard text on data structures (and it really is great) but it's very much geared towards computer scientists. Robert Sedgewick has a great track record with his "Algorithms" series of books, all of which treat data structures in depth along with the algorithms that you'll want to use with them.

The other point to note is that there are countless resources on data structures on the net. eternallyconfuzzled.com has some particularly readable accounts of linked lists, trees, skiplists and so forth, with C code.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook