Book Recommendations: Beyond Quantum Physics and Super Membranes

In summary, the speaker is looking for more reading material on theory, specifically related to space, field, and time, but not involving string theory. They have enjoyed books like "A Brief History of Time" and "Parallel Worlds," but are frustrated with topics like quantum physics and super membranes. They also mention that everything written recently seems to focus on these topics. They are open to suggestions for other theories to explore.
paradive
i'm hungry for more reading material, concerning theory or not, based on what we know.

i get frustrated with quantum physics and anything that expounds on super membranes and such.

i highly enjoyed A Brief History of Time and Parallel Worlds (Michio Kaku) even though it got into the aforementioned, but everything recently written seems to be about the aforementioned mostly.

any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you have to be more specific. We know quite a lot!

MikeyW said:
I think you have to be more specific. We know quite a lot!

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
"We know quite a lot" is rather relative. =)

i guess... I'm interested in space and field and time theories, up to the point where string theory gets involved...

1. What is "Beyond Quantum Physics and Super Membranes" about?

"Beyond Quantum Physics and Super Membranes" is a book that explores the cutting-edge theories and research in the fields of quantum physics and super membranes. It delves into the fascinating concepts of multiple dimensions, parallel universes, and the fundamental building blocks of the universe.

2. Who would benefit from reading this book?

This book is primarily geared towards those with a background in physics and a strong interest in the most advanced theories in the field. However, it can also be enjoyed by anyone with a curiosity for the mysteries of the universe and a willingness to dive into complex scientific concepts.

3. Is this book purely theoretical or does it provide practical applications?

While "Beyond Quantum Physics and Super Membranes" does explore theoretical concepts, it also discusses potential real-world applications of these theories. It highlights the groundbreaking research being done in these areas and how it could potentially impact our understanding and use of technology in the future.

4. How is this book different from other books on quantum physics and super membranes?

This book stands out from others in the field due to its focus on the most current and cutting-edge research in these areas. It also presents these complex concepts in a clear and accessible manner, making it easier for readers to understand and engage with the material.

5. Can this book be read by someone without a background in physics?

While a basic understanding of physics would be helpful, this book does not require an advanced degree in the subject. The author does a good job of breaking down complex concepts and providing relevant background information to help readers follow along. However, it may require some effort and patience for someone without a physics background to fully grasp the concepts presented in the book.