1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Books: solid state, statistical, elementary particle physics

1. Jan 10, 2009 #1
    Greetings

Next semester I'll have solid state physics, statistical physics and and introductionary course in elementary particles. So I was wondering maby those of you who had those subjects could recommend me some books.
    I really liked books by Griffiths so far. Especially the one on QM which I am still reading together with Shankar's. So I was thinking about grabbing Griffith's book on elementary particles. But maby there is better?
    As far as statistical physics go I haven't really picked one but I have heard that the one by Franz Mandl is good. Is it?
    I am even less sure about solid state physics.
    So I guess what I really mean is that suggestions are more than welcome!

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2009 #2
    Look at " Electromagnetic FIelds and Waves", by Lorian and Corson. Amazing Electromagnetism text!!
    Quantum Mechanics, I really like text by Robinett. ( I wish I had anwsers to some of his problems)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?