Exploring Brain Function: Can Braindead Patients Come Back to Life?

In summary, brain death is different from legal and clinical death, and it determines whether a person is alive or not. Comas, on the other hand, involve a shutdown of certain brain functions but do not necessarily result in death. The brain uses a significant amount of energy, but it cannot solely rely on thinking for weight loss as it primarily uses glucose from carbohydrates. There is a chance for recovery from a coma, depending on the length and cause of the coma, but brain death is irreversible.
Line
I want to know have braindead people came back to life. I don't know that they can. Different from legal and clinical death brain death can be a last sigh on wether a person is alive or not.

The reason I want to know is cause one of my family members has fallen into a comma and is on life support. Psychitrist came in with a machine hooked it to her head and said she had no brain function. The brain seems to be the residence of the qauntam consciousness. How it connects to the brain and makes impulses I have no idea.

Also I'm hearing that the brain uses the most energy? Is that possible that the brain could use more calories than any organ the body? I mean if that were the case couldn't we think instead of exercising?

Biology news on Phys.org
Typically the brain uses up to 30 percent of the day's calories. You can't get thin by thinking because the fuel your brain uses is glucose from carbohydrates. It can't burn fat from your body by thinking.

Here is the wiki for comas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coma

There is a difference between brain death and a coma. Brain death is the clinical determinant of death, so you don't come back to life after that. In a coma, there is brain function, but parts of the brain needed for wakefulness and responses to surroundings are shut down, and depending on the reason for the coma and how long a person has been in that state, they may have a chance of a normal recovery, or they may suffer some permanent brain damage but recover consciousness, while some may never come out of it.

1. Can braindead patients be revived?

At this time, there is no known medical procedure that can revive a braindead patient. Once brain death has occurred, it is considered irreversible.

2. How is brain death determined?

Brain death is typically determined through a series of tests that assess brain function, such as a neurological exam and an EEG (electroencephalogram) to measure brain waves. These tests are repeated over a period of time to ensure that there is no brain activity.

3. Are there any cases of braindead patients coming back to life?

While there have been rare cases of patients who were declared brain dead making a partial recovery, it is important to note that these cases are extremely rare and often involve some level of brain function still present. Complete recovery from brain death is not possible.

4. Can a person be braindead and still have a beating heart?

Yes, it is possible for a person to be brain dead and have their heart continue to beat with the help of medical intervention such as life support. However, this does not mean that the person is alive or can be revived.

5. Is brain death the same as a coma?

No, brain death is not the same as a coma. A coma is a state of deep unconsciousness where a person is still alive and has the potential to recover, whereas brain death is the complete and irreversible loss of brain function and the end of all brain activity.