Breaking Stereotypes: The Inclusive and Diverse Nature of Scientific Communities

• Thread starter SetepenSeth
  • Start date
In summary, scientific communities are becoming more inclusive and diverse, breaking stereotypes and promoting a more equal representation of different groups. This shift is due to efforts made to eliminate barriers and biases, as well as the recognition of the value of diversity in producing innovative and impactful research. However, there is still progress to be made in fully embracing inclusivity and diversity within the scientific community.
SetepenSeth
Hello all, I'm Juan from Mexico, currently a Physics student. Just until a while ago (just a couple years, when I decided to go for a science career) I thought scientific communities were either left closed for all but a few scientist running very specific and technical discussions (not meant for mortal men) or being run for elementary-secondary students with rather basic level topics. Quoting Thorin Oakenshield (P.J. version) I've never been so wrong in all my life. I lurked a little this community, very little indeed before realizing it has open door for people from curious folks to well known scientist, in between and beyond, which is something I did not expect.

With this in mind I can only say now, thank you all who share their knowledge with anyone willing to pay attention, and sure I hope to complement what I get from college with you all. Glad to be here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!