Building Theories (Stany Becker)

• Thread starter StanyBecker
  • Start date
In summary, Stany Becker discusses the process of building theories in this article. He explains that theories are developed through a combination of observation, experimentation, and critical thinking. Becker emphasizes the importance of constantly revisiting and testing theories in order to refine and improve them. He also stresses the need for collaboration and open-mindedness in the theory-building process. Additionally, Becker discusses the role of intuition and creativity in developing new theories. Overall, the article highlights the complex and dynamic nature of building theories and the importance of constantly questioning and challenging existing ideas.
StanyBecker
How did you find PF?
In search of a way to share the results of my (private) research, I found "PhysicsDorums", part "Physics" - "Beyond the standard model".
Here, I hope to share my findings to be used by other people.
ABOUT ME

My name is Stany Becker.

I have a degree in mathematics and as such, I am interested in study of space and in "theoretical studies of knowledge".

In that respect, I would like to propose an alternative way to build theories: instead of using observations and measuremants, use some so-called “founding proposition” and build the theory from there.

Examples of "founding proposition” leading to "Theory" ("founding proposition” => "Theory") are

"All our knowledge is based on codes" => “Description of the universe”,

All informatics–routines can be resumed in a (logical) proposition” (“Data-management”),

All data–management is done via assignments” (“Process-management”).remark

I have had a diagnose of autism.

As such, I need to have a structure to pass on my ideas.

The format of "scientific articles" offers me such a format, so I follow that and that's the reason my articles look like a paper.

They are however only meant to pass on my ideas, not to try to establish a paper ...Besides that, because I have autism, I am not able to see figurative speech or "read between the lines".

So I need concrete feedback.It also means my style is very direct!

If by that, I seem to be impolite, my apologies in advance.

This is unintentional, please let me know if you see something like that ...

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey Stany, welcome to the forum.

I do suggest you read the rules. Even in "Beyond the standard model", this still remains a forum that discusses established science. That is, you can talk about anything you like as long as it's mentioned in a reputable publication. Personal theories are not allowed.

The owner and moderators of the forum are not suggesting that personal theories are necessarily bad, but they are usually wrong and the decision was made long ago that they won't be discussed here.

Likes Janosh89 and berkeman
StanyBecker said:
I have a degree in mathematics and as such, I am interested in study of space and in "theoretical studies of knowledge".
Welcome to the PF, Stany. :smile:

You are welcome to ask questions here in the forums, but as @phinds mentioned, the questions need to be about the mainstream science reading that you have been doing while trying to answer your questions.

Also, if you have questions about learning strategies and autism, be sure to search our Medical forum to see if your questions have been addressed there already. If not, start a new thread with links to the reading you have been doing about the subject, and that could lead to a valuable discussion.

Enjoy the PF! :smile: