Buoyancy impulse turbine. Perpetual electricity. Is this possible?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
tastybarrels
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Although I'm sure people have been looking to develop a solution like this since the beginning of time (at least, the first use of electricity), I'm trying to achieve a design that will enable perpetual electricity generation without the addition of conventional energy inputs. Essentially, I'm trying to create a turbine that is powered by buoyancy and uses magnetic force to drive the rotor. My core question is whether it is possible to ensure that the air circulates throughout the apparatus in a controlled cycle. I'm hoping that by using a regulator on top, I can prevent water from entering the reservoir and ensure that the escaped air creates enough pressure to induce air to release from the bottom of the apparatus.

I know this may sound confusing, so I tried to draw up how I envision it working. I've attached the image. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I took introductory physics in high school (ten years ago) and failed chemistry the year after...suffice it to say I have NO idea whether this is feasible.

Thanks for having a look. I hope some of you will be kind enough to share a bit of feedback. (Additional conversation on this idea--I hope--can be found on my blog: jmreinoso.wordpress.com)

Cheers!
 

Attachments

  • impulseturbine.jpg
    impulseturbine.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 518
Physics news on Phys.org
We don't do 'debunk my perpetual motion machine' discussions here. Perpetual motion of that type is forbidden by the first law of thermodynamics and is therefore not possible. No detailed debunking is required You're wasting your time. You may be interested in this site: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/unwork.htm

Thread locked.