1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Business + Sci Tech = $$$

1. Sep 15, 2011 #1
    im finishing high school this year (wish me luck to my exams!!!!),,,,,, but anyways, i wanted to do electrical engineering/computer science in university. After University, Im planning to work for any engineering/technical company. After earning 7-10 years of work experience, I want to start a small business relating to Sci-Tech.

So my goal is to:
    • have all industries, and i mean it, ALL (software, applied science, robotics industry, automotive industry, electronics industry, aerospace industry, defence industry, biomedical technologies, emerging technologies, internet service provider, bank, heavy industries, research and development, and MORE!!)
    • i wanted/really required my business to have billion dollars (trillion dollars if possible) so that I can have all industry and become a business mogul
    • Many more goals

So my question is, where to start? I mean what industry should I pick first before invading all industries and business sectors? I heard and notice that software and computer/electronics is the cheapest and easiest way to start a business....

I wanted my industries to sell products and offer services.

Any suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2011 #2
    I think you should first make sure that you get into university before you consider how your future company will have "billions" of dollars.

4. Sep 15, 2011 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

A trillion dollars is the entire GDP of South Korea. It is the summed income of about the world's 100 largest companies, combined,

The best advice I can give you is to stop daydreaming in public and instead get to work to get into a good university, and study hard there.

5. Sep 15, 2011 #4
    Ok... thanks for your advice.

Looks like your suggestions is to work hard in University.

Great, thanks for your advices!!!

6. Sep 18, 2011 #5
    You can't have that cause google is lightyears ahead already and you're just starting. Google started up in their undergrad and the starter ups went to stanford. Chances are slim. Just go work for google and climb the corporate ladder.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook