Investigating 3x Duplication on Physics Forums Twitter Page

• Bug
  • Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary, the PF twitter page has been listing every entry three times, while other twitter pages appear normal. Lisa initially thought the page was fine, but later experienced the same issue and was unable to take a screenshot.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The PF twitter page lists every entry 3 times. Other twitter pages look normal, though.

http://twitter.com/physicsforums

I don't check twitter very often so I have no idea how long it's been like that.

Physics news on Phys.org
Now it does, yes. I should have taken a screen shot; I'll check it from time to time to see if it happens again.

Ah, it just happened to me too. But when I reloaded the page, it was back to single posts, too late now for me to make a screen shot.

Like that?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 456
Borek said:
Like that?

Yes, exactly like that.

1. What is the purpose of investigating 3x duplication on the Physics Forums Twitter page?

The purpose of this investigation is to understand why there are multiple duplicate posts on the Physics Forums Twitter page and to find a solution to prevent this from happening in the future.

2. How will the investigation be conducted?

The investigation will involve analyzing the posts on the Physics Forums Twitter page and identifying patterns in the duplication. This will be done by comparing post timestamps, content, and user accounts.

3. What could be causing the 3x duplication on the Twitter page?

There could be various reasons for the duplication, such as a glitch in the Twitter system, a technical issue with the Physics Forums account, or a mistake made by the page administrator. The investigation will help determine the root cause.

4. What impact does the 3x duplication have on the Physics Forums Twitter page?

The duplication can be confusing for followers and can clutter the page, making it difficult to find new and relevant content. It can also make the page appear unprofessional and decrease engagement.

5. Will the investigation lead to a solution for the duplication issue?

The purpose of the investigation is to find a solution to prevent the duplication from occurring in the future. Once the root cause is identified, steps will be taken to address the issue and ensure that the Twitter page runs smoothly without any duplication.