Calc Power Source RPM: How to Do It

• Thread starter banerjeerupak
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Power
In summary, the conversation is about finding the rpm of a new type of engine, given the calculated torque. The variables needed for this calculation include the power, speed, and torque of the engine. The website suggested by 'Q_Goest' provides a useful calculator for this purpose. Additionally, 'machinest' suggests using a dynamometer to measure the torque and angular velocity of the engine for more accurate results.
banerjeerupak
I have been working on a new idea. However, i could not find out how to calculate the r.p.m of the power source. How do i do it.

Engineering news on Phys.org
What are you talking about?

well i'll give you an overview.
i have calculated the torque. what i want to know is how to find out the rpm of the engine. it is a new type of engine. what are the variables i need to know and stuff.

hello banerjeerupak
well,when u mention how much power(max power the engine can produce--)u have to mention at which speed?
so at a certain speed u can get a certain power-
and for this max power the engtine can generate---its can be monitored at a different values for the speed---in an indicated diagram of the power&speed ---
which kind of the power u talking about?
for the rated power-couldnt u see the max speed in the dashboard?and then u could calculate how much power?
for the brake hp__u could use a dynamometer_in which the speed is indicated_and torque calculated_and then (torque*angular velocity=power)
hope i could help u-

thank you 'Q_Goest' for the website. it was the thing that i was looking for. thanks 'machinest' for explaining how to put the problems as well as the variables in question...

Related to Calc Power Source RPM: How to Do It

1. What is the purpose of calculating power source RPM?

The purpose of calculating power source RPM is to determine the rotational speed at which the power source (such as an engine or motor) is operating. This information is crucial for understanding the performance and efficiency of the power source.

2. How do I calculate power source RPM?

To calculate power source RPM, you will need to know the number of poles on the power source, the frequency of the power supply, and the gear ratio (if applicable). The formula for calculating RPM is: RPM = (120 x frequency) / number of poles x gear ratio. Alternatively, you can use a tachometer to directly measure the RPM.

3. What is the relationship between power source RPM and power output?

The power output of an engine or motor is directly related to its RPM. Generally, the higher the RPM, the greater the power output. However, there may be a maximum RPM limit for the power source, and exceeding this limit can cause damage or decrease the lifespan of the power source.

4. How do I optimize the power source RPM for maximum efficiency?

The optimal RPM for maximum efficiency will depend on the specific power source and its intended use. In general, it is recommended to operate the power source within its designated RPM range to achieve maximum efficiency. It may also be helpful to consult the manufacturer's specifications or seek the advice of a professional engineer.

5. Can I use a different power source RPM than the recommended value?

In some cases, it may be possible to use a different RPM than the recommended value, but this should be done with caution. Deviating from the recommended RPM may result in decreased efficiency or even damage to the power source. If you are considering using a different RPM, it is important to consult the manufacturer's specifications and seek professional advice to ensure safe and optimal operation.