Calculate the density at the centre of the Sun

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the density at the center of a star using various data such as core mass, temperature, and pressure. An equation is mentioned, but it is unclear if it is the correct one to use. The person is struggling to find the right approach and may need more information about the variables.
artworkmonkey

Homework Statement

Assuming you know the core mass, and other data about the sun, such as temperatures and pressures. Find the density at the very center of a star.

Homework Equations

I think this may be involved.

P(r) = p(r)/µmH kT(r)

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]
I don't know where to begin with this. I tried changing the equation to make density the subject, but when I plug figures in I seem to be way off. I thing I maybe going down the wrong path.

Physics news on Phys.org
I rearrange the equation to be p(r)=µmHP(r)/kT(r)
maybe this is not the right equation.

artworkmonkey said:

Homework Equations

I think this may be involved.

P(r) = p(r)/µmH kT(r).
Impossible to say without knowing how all those variables defined.

1. What is the formula for calculating the density at the centre of the Sun?

The formula for calculating the density at the centre of the Sun is: density = mass/volume. This means that the density is equal to the mass of the Sun divided by its volume.

2. What is the mass of the Sun?

The mass of the Sun is approximately 2 x 10^30 kilograms. This is equivalent to about 333,000 Earth masses.

3. How is the volume of the Sun calculated?

The volume of the Sun can be calculated using the formula for the volume of a sphere: V = (4/3)πr^3, where r is the radius of the Sun.

4. What is the radius of the Sun?

The radius of the Sun is approximately 695,510 kilometers. This is about 109 times the radius of the Earth.

5. What is the density at the centre of the Sun?

The density at the centre of the Sun is estimated to be about 150 g/cm^3. This is much higher than the average density of the Sun, which is about 1.4 g/cm^3.