Calculating average daily temperature

Main Question or Discussion Point

I have a automated weather station and I'm collecting data from it. And I was wondering about something. I calculate average daily temperature like this: (T07+T14+2*T21)/4 . During the summer I am calculating it like this (T08+T15+2*T22 )/4 . That's taking into consideration daylight saving time which puts the clock one hour forward. Is that the correct way to do it during the summer?

Answers and Replies

The average over 24 hours should be independent of the time zone. Why do you use this formula? Especially if you seem to have more data points than you use?

Thanks for your answer mfb.
I save data every hour. I use that formula because I found it at my country's meteorological service web page.
When I first started calculating average daily temperature I used all 24 data points but later I found the formula in my original post and decided that I should use that.

Actually, my weather station reads data from sensor every 128 seconds but I am not sure if there is any use to store all that data.

Maybe the web page doesn't have hourly data. It looks like a weird weighted average. Averaging over all 24 hours should be better.