Calculating Cost Per Unit of Solar Energy from Data Sheet

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
sasuke07
Messages
53
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I don't know if this is a physics problem per se but its from physics class. So we were supposed to pick out a solar panel and figure out what is the cost per unit of energy for this form of solar energy? I know where supposed to use the data sheet for the panel that we chose and the cost of the panel. HEre is the data sheet http://www.solarpanelsaustralia.com.au/downloads/bpsolar_bp4175.pdf
I just don't know where to start or even how i would figure this out. THanks

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Judson, check the date before replying, I doubt sasuke07 is still hanging out for the answer ;)
 
JudsonBrockwell said:
Were you able to find some solution or still searching? I do want to cost of power production by these panels so can you share it out? Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)
I suggest you start your own thread, providing current data. Include any info on subsidies etc.
A key question is how much of the output will you get to use (or do you have battery storage?).
If you want the LCOE then you also need to think about an appropriate discount rate.