Calculating Curve Line in a Graph: An Example

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Pin Head
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Hi,
Ho do I calculate for the curve line in this graph I understand that I use this equation
v = d/t.Could anyone show me an example?
 
Attachments
  • trajectory.JPG
    trajectory.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 449
Physics news on Phys.org
Pin Head said:
Hi,
Ho do I calculate for the curve line in this graph I understand that I use this equation
v = d/t.Could anyone show me an example?

Your graph is meaningless. The axes are not labelled, but more importantly, you're plotting 3 different things all with the same vertical scale! It makes no sense.

Zz.
 
Hi sorry about that unfortunately I've had to design these diagrams in paint so they are not that accurate , but what I would like to know is about the line that curves which is title trajectory,The other thing is is that the diagram that made no sense was from a physics example I was gave to use So hopefully the diagrams I've made make a bit more sense
 
Attachments
  • acceleration.JPG
    acceleration.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 485
  • trajectory.JPG
    trajectory.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 424
  • velocity.JPG
    velocity.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 439
here, let me google that for you: http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/accelaration-gravity-d_340.html" .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
But what does this have to do with a skier falling down. I rarely do a time, speed distance computation when I fall while skiing. However, based on some personal experience, the hill's slope has a significant impact on the dynamics of the fall. Also the forward velocity (or more correctly the velocity along the skiing surface) influences the the dynamics. Unless this is associated with jumping, the velocity normal to the surface, which is typically at a significant angle to the horizontal, is fairly low.