Calculating Pressure and Volume for an Air Cannon Tank

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
RyanDM
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Morning all,

I am working on a Air Cannon Project and have hit a stumbling block.

I am trying to work out what tank pressure and volume I would need to project a 1.4kg mass to 83m/s when it leaves the barrel.

The barrel the mass will travel down is 4 meters long and 6inch in diameter, would anyone be able to help?

Thanks in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

The flow will be limited by restriction.
How will you connect the air tank to the barrel?
What valve will you use?
 
Well that's six and a half square feet of barrel you need to fill just to get your missile to fall out of the end
So... Start with a one square foot tank six and a half bar and go up
That's the fun way
If this is not for fun then it's proly homework