1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus Based Physics, Need Help

1. Jan 24, 2012 #1
    I am taking my first physics class at school and seem to be having a hard time doing the problems(web assign problems). The course is calculus based which is okay with me because I am in Calc 3. Problem is that I can not find any good Calc based physics resources. My book "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" is not my cup of tea. Anything I find relating to phiscs online is algera based, do you guys have any reosuces, websites, books, or advice for me to understand this subject from a calculus point of view?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2012 #2
    get the physics book by Serway. You can find an older edition online for really cheap.

4. Jan 25, 2012 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

The Feynman lectures??

5. Jan 27, 2012 #4
    MIT Opencourseware 8.01. Google it. It has video lectures by the wonderful prof. Lewin, including accompanying practice exams and solutions. Ocw is a life saver for some of the "gateway" undergraduate math and physics courses.

6. Feb 11, 2012 #5
    Webassign is the physics book by serway. I am using it too, not really a big fan of it either.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook