Can a perpetual motion machine really be built for only $150?

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of a perpetual motion machine and its potential to run forever. The participants mention the possibility of a machine lasting for hundreds of years and the potential impact on industries such as car and oil companies. They also discuss the corruption in the system and the possibility of the universe being considered a perpetual motion machine. One of the participants offers to share their plans for a perpetual motion machine and another expresses interest in seeing the plans. The conversation ends with a debate about whether the universe can be considered a perpetual motion machine and whether time ends or stops when the universe ends.
Generic
its odd how many years have passed, but no one has accomplished it truly.

a perpetual motion machine is suppose to run forever.(Untill the Galaxy Collapses.)

i mean even if it wouldent be perpetual, it would last a good while like 7 to 10 decades of you family's tree like 300-500 years.

just until something comes to an end, its consider perpetual, like a closing galaxy.

if i die 89 years from now and my machine is still running its perpetual motion my point of view.

i mean it would be kinda odd to see something run for 8+ billion years and probly get laughed at by martians...because we destroyed are selfs in the near future...

imagine if you could build a machine for 150$ cash and could run for 300-500 years that could be used to drive around the city, talk about a good engine!

plus you invest more money on a car repair then if you were to invest on a perpetual motion machine that would give more efficiency and talk about heck of a engine lifetime.

i guess that would be the Billion dollar question...

and no i won't show you mine perpetual motion plans...lmao

if i were to post world-wide, my idea about engine with an lifetime expectancy of 300-500 years without gas for just 150$ without pullition

how many would buy it ?

probly send all the motor company's broke, and the oil company's.
---------------------------------------------------------------
this system is so corrupt is not even funny...

you know what. all give you my plans...

and if you make it alive after the world-wide annoucement with the 4 billion dollars all let you have a share of :eek: 350,000,000$

so whos up for the challenge ? :wink:
---------------------------------------------------------------
and i aint kidding... :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
hey man ill help you out if i can, i myself have invented a PMM, ill have to decide wheather or not i would actually take the money in the end, but i would absolutely love to see the plans, u can send em to AdamChess4@aol.com or IM me @ AdamChess4. I posted an PMM idea in the clasical physics forrum, its under arsonade, honestly however, my PMM would run forever, but i wouldn't critisise a fellow imposible science junkie lol, good luck : )

Is the universe considered as a perpetual motion machine?

I don't think so, because according to science the universe will end some time in the not too...hmmmmmm...distant future...hmmmm...

Generic said:
its odd how many years have passed, but no one has accomplished it truly.
Not any more odd than our inability to travel faster than the speed of light, travel back in time, or find the Loch Ness monster...

Scott Sieger said:
I don't think so, because according to science the universe will end some time in the not too...hmmmmmm...distant future...hmmmm...
Yes, but when the universe ends, time also ends. So, the universe is in motion for all time.

Njorl

maybe time doesn't so much end but maybe stops would be a another way of looking...ha

1. What is perpetual motion?

Perpetual motion refers to the hypothetical concept of a machine that can continue to operate indefinitely without any external energy source.

2. When did the idea of perpetual motion first emerge?

The idea of perpetual motion has been around for centuries, with some of the earliest recorded references dating back to ancient Greece in the 4th century BC.

3. Who were some notable figures in the history of perpetual motion?

Some notable figures in the history of perpetual motion include Leonardo da Vinci, who designed several machines that he believed could achieve perpetual motion, and Johann Bessler, who claimed to have built a perpetual motion machine in the 18th century.

4. Has a perpetual motion machine ever been successfully built?

No, a perpetual motion machine has never been successfully built. Despite numerous attempts throughout history, scientists have proven that it is impossible to create a machine that can operate indefinitely without an external energy source.

5. Why is perpetual motion considered impossible?

Perpetual motion is considered impossible because it violates the first and second laws of thermodynamics, which state that energy cannot be created or destroyed and that any energy transformation will result in some energy being lost in the form of heat.