Can a single person truly survive without relying on anyone else?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, the single person survives by relying on their own abilities and skills. They don't have to worry about someone else taking care of them, since there is no one to do that for them. They may miss the companionship of a partner, but they find freedom and happiness in their single status.
One can have a relationship without being married.

Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl "Will you marry me?" The girl said: "NO!"

And the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, drank martinis, ate chocolate, always had a clean house, never had to cook, did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, didn't have to worry about her weight, traveled more, had many lovers, didn't save money, and had all the hot water to herself. She went to the theatre, never watched sports, never wore friggin' lacy lingerie that went up her ***, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, felt and looked fabulous in sweat pants and was pleasant all the time."

The End. :approve:
*Clap*
:approve:

Ivan Seeking said:
Fair enough, but it seemed to me that the positives about being single were being weighed unfairly against the disadvantages. There is nothing wrong with choosing to be single. And not everyone will find a good companion. But I certainly wouldn't avoid marriage out of principle. I mean, if Miss or Mr right comes along, don't run and hide.

Btw, I do far more cooking than Tsu, I do my own laundry, and I [almost] always put down the toilet seat. :biggrin:

Personally, I'm hoping the positives are fairly accurate.

Borek said:
IIf you want to have a regular sex, you have to pay with part of your freedom :smile:

I still pay with cash. :rolleyes: