Can an electron have a mind of its own?

  • Thread starter Thread starter phydev
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Electron Mind
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 4K views
phydev
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Can an electron have a mind of its own?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
phinds said:
On the face of it, that is a ridiculous question. What do you mean?

He's probably referring to the inescapably strange results of the double-slit experiment; but I agree, vague question.
 
No, a mind is composed of cells which are composed of molecules which are composed of atoms which contain electrons.
 
JHamm said:
No, a mind is composed of cells which are composed of molecules which are composed of atoms which contain electrons.

Depends on what you mean for something to have a mind. I think the OP has a valid argument going for him if an electron can "sense" it's being watched en route to a slit, thus collapsing its wave function.
 
CyberShot said:
if an electron can "sense" it's being watched.

It can't.
 
OK, I think we have enough here.