1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can any one Help? impacting concrete with steel projectile

1. Feb 27, 2012 #1
    Can any one Help? "impacting concrete with steel projectile"

Dear all gentlemen ,

Can any one help me ?

I'am doing my thesis in civil engineering in studying and mixing statistics with civil engineering with topic of " impacting concrete with steel projectile "

if we consider the projectile is bullet and concrete is barrier any one has idea to find the distance which the bullet can enter inside this barrier or equation which can help me to derive ?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2012 #2

OldEngr63

Gold Member

Re: Can any one Help? "impacting concrete with steel projectile"

Just off the top of my head, I am inclined to think that this is going to depend strongly on what the aggregate is, what the strength of the concrete is, how much steel is in the concrete, and probably the age of the concrete.

I would suggest that you look for published reports from the Army arsenals. They are the sort of folks that do this type of work routinely.

4. Feb 28, 2012 #3

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Re: Can any one Help? "impacting concrete with steel projectile"

The ladies must feel ostracised, I'm sure. :tongue:
    This is almost certainly an area of interest to your supervisor, has s/he not given you some suggested preliminary reading?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook