Distance a steel bullet penetrates into concrete

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
bahakhatib
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Can anyone Help? "impacting concrete with steel projectile"

Dear all gentlemen ,

Can anyone help me ?

I'am doing my thesis in civil engineering in studying and mixing statistics with civil engineering with topic of " impacting concrete with steel projectile "

if we consider the projectile is bullet and concrete is barrier anyone has idea to find the distance which the bullet can enter inside this barrier or equation which can help me to derive ?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org


Just off the top of my head, I am inclined to think that this is going to depend strongly on what the aggregate is, what the strength of the concrete is, how much steel is in the concrete, and probably the age of the concrete.

I would suggest that you look for published reports from the Army arsenals. They are the sort of folks that do this type of work routinely.
 


bahakhatib said:
Dear all gentlemen ,
The ladies must feel ostracised, I'm sure. :-p
if we consider the projectile is bullet and concrete is barrier anyone has idea to find the distance which the bullet can enter inside this barrier or equation which can help me to derive ?
This is almost certainly an area of interest to your supervisor, has s/he not given you some suggested preliminary reading?