Is f(x)=1/root x an Integrable Function Whose Square is Not?

• Thread starter ss_1985
  • Start date
In summary, it is important to have someone else check your calculations, experimental setup, data, and research methodology to ensure accuracy and validity. This can be done by a colleague, mentor, or anyone else with expertise in the subject matter.
ss_1985
Hi

The question asks to find out a function R--> R such that it is integrable, and its square is not.
Is f(x)=1/root x right?
The problem I thought was its only over an interval

Please help
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
You can define the function as you stated for 0<x<1 and f(x)=0 otherwise.

1. Can someone check my calculations?

Yes, it is always a good idea to have someone else double check your calculations to ensure accuracy and catch any errors you may have missed.

2. How do I know if my experiment was set up correctly?

To ensure your experiment was set up correctly, you should follow the proper procedures and protocols outlined in your experimental design. You can also have a colleague or mentor review your setup before beginning the experiment.

3. Is it necessary to have my data checked by someone else?

In most cases, it is highly recommended to have your data checked by someone else to ensure its validity. This can help identify any mistakes or discrepancies in your data collection process.

4. Can someone check my research methodology?

Yes, it is always beneficial to have someone review your research methodology to ensure it is sound and follows the appropriate scientific standards. This can help strengthen your study and provide more reliable results.

5. Who should I ask to check my work?

You can ask a colleague, mentor, or anyone else with expertise in your field to check your work. It is important to choose someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in the subject matter to ensure an accurate review.