Can someone help me understand this question please

• Thread starter nottobright
  • Start date
In summary, Kevin asked about the relationship between the speed of light and the expansion rate of the universe, and questioned if the end result of a collapsing universe would be considered "Anti-Time". He also asked how man could numerically correspond the speed of light to this change. In response, it was mentioned that Stephen Hawking once theorized about time reversal in a collapsing universe, but this was refuted by the concept of entropy. The likelihood of reversing time in this manner is statistically impossible due to the infinite amount of disordered states and one ordered state in the beginning of the universe.
nottobright
someone asked me this question and i don't understand it could anyone shed some light on what he is asking me

"If the Speed of Light is 186,300 MPS and the expansion rate of the Universe is roughly 10% advantageous to contracting and or collapsing in on itself, why wouldn't the end result be considered "Anti-Time"? And how would man, [numerically], correspond the Speed of Light to the change? "

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe part of your question is asking that if the Universe were to collapse it would essentially reverse time, Stephen Hawking once posited this but it was subsequently refuted by the concept of entropy. Essentially the amount of disordered states is infinite and there exists one ordered state (the beginning of the Universe). Statistically it is impossible to reverse time in that manner.

thanks Kevin

Related to Can someone help me understand this question please

1. What is the best approach to understanding a question I am having difficulty with?

The best approach to understanding a question is to break it down into smaller parts and focus on one aspect at a time. This will help you to better comprehend the question and find the answer more efficiently.

2. How can I improve my understanding of a complex question?

One way to improve your understanding of a complex question is to actively engage with it. This can include rephrasing the question in your own words, making visual aids, or discussing it with a peer or teacher.

3. What should I do if I don't understand a question at all?

If you don't understand a question at all, don't panic. Take a deep breath and try to approach the question from a different angle. If necessary, seek help from a teacher or classmate.

4. Is it okay to ask for help in understanding a question?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask for help in understanding a question. In fact, it is encouraged to seek clarification if you are having difficulty understanding a question. This shows that you are actively engaged in learning and want to improve your understanding.

5. How can I avoid misunderstanding a question?

To avoid misunderstanding a question, make sure to read it carefully and thoroughly. Pay attention to keywords and phrases, and take your time to process the information. If needed, seek feedback from others to ensure that you have correctly interpreted the question.