Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can someone help me understand this question please

1. Aug 26, 2010 #1
    someone asked me this question and i dont understand it could anyone shed some light on what he is asking me

"If the Speed of Light is 186,300 MPS and the expansion rate of the Universe is roughly 10% advantageous to contracting and or collapsing in on itself, why wouldn't the end result be considered "Anti-Time"? And how would man, [numerically], correspond the Speed of Light to the change? "

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2010 #2
    I believe part of your question is asking that if the Universe were to collapse it would essentially reverse time, Stephen Hawking once posited this but it was subsequently refuted by the concept of entropy. Essentially the amount of disordered states is infinite and there exists one ordered state (the beginning of the Universe). Statistically it is impossible to reverse time in that manner.

4. Aug 26, 2010 #3
    thanks Kevin

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook