1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can't find any trigonometry textbooks under the math section

1. Jan 12, 2014 #1
    Hi, I've looked under the mathematics textbook section on this site and I can see algebra and geometry but not a single trigonometry book... Is trigonometry normally covered in algebra books something?

My trigonometry is really quite terrible and I know the absolute basics so I'm looking for a good book that will covered everything from a right angle to the more advanced stuff. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2014 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Sometimes, algebra and trig are covered in the same textbook. You won't know for sure until you look inside the book.

4. Jan 12, 2014 #3

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I just took a look in the Math & Science Learning Materials section. Take another look here (there is more than one page). I found links to two sites which cover trig (and say so in the title of the thread).

5. Jan 12, 2014 #4
    The nice thing about the introductory topics is the number of texts about them. I'd say go to the local library and check out 3 or 4 books and find one that works for you best.

6. Jan 12, 2014 #5
    Hmm I must be looking in the wrong section then because in the section where the categories are colour coded there is no trig books although I did find this one book posted by micromass https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=668628 but I absolutely had the font.

SteamKing where are you finding these trig books?

7. Jan 12, 2014 #6

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Go to the Math & Science Learning Materials section and click on the Mathematics Learning Materials Forum.

On the 2nd page, you will find this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=441066

There are many more pages of material to go thru, not to mention what you can find on the WWW at large by googling 'Trigonometry'.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted